Info Literacy Workshop
Here are the tools and links we worked on and talked about in our Information Literacy workshop today.
Links to resources from first presentation:
Links to Workshop Outline done in Google Notebook:
This is a sharing time for participants to share a tech tool with others. It is time well spent sharing resources others use in the classroom!
- Grand Central by Google – One phone number for ALL your phones and voice mailboxes
- Jott.com – Voice recognition: Call a message in to Jott and Jott will email or text your party.
- Twitter.com – microblogging – find out what your network of friends are doing.
- MLA Citation source – Cite several types of sources such as books, website, etc.
- iGoogle – a dashboard to your online digital life!
- Atomic Learning – Professional development resources for you to learn all types of software applications.
- Net Trekker – Great subscription database for student research.
- Apple Education – Resources on all types of integration ideas.
- McGraw-Hill – Lessons that use technology.
- Quia – the Quintessential Instructional Archive.
- NoodleTools – Research tools for students and teachers.
- TrackStar – Create collections of annotated websites for your students.
- Jing Project – Capture your computer screen to share with others.
Others that we talked about during the day: