As you run through this finish line of a workweek we call Friday – out of breath and tired because of the hard work and impact you have made – here is a little perspective that may be worth investigating. While I don’t read every article from Brain Pickings, this one is a great summary from the author on what he has captured in his 9 year journey of writing this blog. Below are the bullet point highlights, but I encourage you to visit the link below to read and reflect on each. They each have a power to them that I know I can appreciate and strive to better myself.
9 Learnings from 9 Years of Brain Pickings
- Allow yourself the uncomfortable luxury of changing your mind.
- Do nothing for prestige or status or money or approval alone.
- Be generous.
- Build pockets of stillness into your life.
- When people try to tell you who you are, don’t believe them.
- Presence is far more intricate and rewarding an art than productivity.
- Expect anything worthwhile to take a long time.
- Seek out what magnifies your spirit.
- Don’t be afraid to be an idealist.
Have a great Friday and a fabulous, refreshing weekend!